25th Anniversary Celebrations
1st May 2017
25th Birthday celebration news
Thursday 11th May 2017
On Friday 19th May we are celebrating the fact that the school is 25 years old this year with a ‘Wildlife Themed Day!’ As part of the day the children will be involved in a range of different activities like; outdoor learning activities within our school grounds (including investigating the wildlife area), learning more about the history of the school and life in 1992 and contributing to some whole school art projects. Some of this learning will also be available to view at an indoor exhibition, where photographs of the school when it opened will also be displayed.
In the afternoon the school will be open for parents/carers/grandparents to come along and join in the fun. We invite you to:
- Come into classrooms and join in with the children’s learning,
- Visit the wildlife area to see the first phase of renovation and find out about the work that the PTA and staff members have been completing over the past few months,
- Take a look at the exhibition in the school hall – ‘Gatehouse through the years’.
At 2.45pm we aim to congregate on the school field (weather permitting) for some whole school singing to finish off the celebration together. There will be a PTA cake sale at the end of the day to help raise funds for the next phase of the wildlife area renovation and the school hall/wildlife area will be open after school for you to see the exhibition with your child.
The children are invited to wear non-school uniform for the day and are welcome to tie this into the Wildlife theme if they wish. Please can the children bring in the following:
- Cake donations for the sale after school (or a donation to the PTA if you prefer)
- A pebble for them to paint as part of some artwork to go into the wildlife area.
We look forward to welcoming you into the school to help us celebrate this special birthday,
Mr David Batchelor and the staff team.