Year 5 - India & Japan Class
Mrs Shanahan & Mr Harman
Below you will find our welcome to the term letter, our termly topic and our Calculation Policy. You will also find 4 spelling and handwriting booklets, so we cater for all the needs of our children.
Children will need:
- Reading book and reading record in school every day
- P.E. kits to be kept in school. We will advise when a tracksuit or similar can be worn for colder weather. These are sent home at half term for washing.
- Daily fruit or vegetable snack & drinks bottles.
- Suitable coats and shoes for the weather, we will be outside as much as possible
All pupils need to:
- Read for 20-30 mins every evening and record this in their reading record books (this can be to an adult or independent).
- Complete a literacy task in their homework books, at least once a week.
- Complete a weekly maths task & practice times tables.
- Topic based tasks will be given throughout the term. If your child has some work to research, please help them, but without actually doing the work.