COVID-19 Information for Parents
Contained within this page:
- The most recent school information.
- How to apply for Free School Meals
- Food Bank assistance, Helping Dawlish and Scams
- Key information on Coronavirus.
- School class contact details, family support worker and SEND
- Online Safety link
- How to keep your children busy with helpful links to educational websites.
- Mental health support links for both children and adults.
- Covid 19 Stress and Anxiety link
- Other useful support links
Autumn 2020 Covid 19 Documents from Gatehouse and the FFT
Homeless in Teignbridge Support foodbank are opening our doors to any child that needs help over the coming half term.
No referral is needed for this support. Just turn up at Abbrook. Strap Lane, Kingsteignton, or contact us and we will support your children.
Our door is open to all.
“FREE CHILDREN’S PACK LUNCH BOXES”
Thanks to a generous anonymous donation HELPING DAWLISH is offering children locally who rely on free school lunches a free pack lunch box – with sandwich, fruit, drink and crisps from Monday 26th to Friday 30th October.
They will be available between 11.30am and 12.30pm as a takeaway only and collected from the side of the Manor House.
Must be pre-booked – Please ring or text 07584052306 before 9.30am to book a free lunch box as they will be made up each morning.
On collection proof of local home address will need to be shown.
If a family is self-isolating we may be able to arrange delivery.
Department for Education Coronavirus (COVID-19) Helpline Opening Hours
The Department for Education coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline remains available to answer questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) relating to education and children’s social care. Please listen carefully to the available options and select the most appropriate to your nursery, school, or college’s current situation.
Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline by calling:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm
Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm
NHS Test And Trace Covid-19 APP
NHS Test and Trace has launched the NHS COVID-19 app. The app has been launched to help control the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). It will do this by alerting people who may have been exposed to infection so that they can take action.
The app is available to download on smartphones for anyone aged 16 or over.
Behaviour Policy Appendix Covid-19
FREE SCHOOL MEAL APPLICATION
Have your circumstances changed due to Coronavirus? You might now been entitled to Free School Meals.
Apply at the portal below
Children whose parents are getting any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
School children living on their own (16-19 year olds) who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right can also get free school meals.
Dawlish Food Bank Help
Please call 0772 999 834 - food will be delivered without personal contact
Coronavirus Helping Dawlish
Please be aware of Scams, Devon County Council have advised that these have increased by 400% since the beginning of the Coronavirus outbreak.
For more information, please click on the link below.
IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS
Below are the email addresses for each class if you would like to contact the class teacher or you can message via Seesaw.
Family Support and SEND support
You can contact the school's family support worker, Bev Cook on the following direct email address:
and/ or our school SENCo, Abbie Naylor
Devon County DIAS Support for SEND
Five simple steps of handwashing:
Wet: Put both your hands under clean, running water.
Lather: Apply a generous amount of soap to the inside and back of your hands as well as your fingertips. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds (sing happy birthday) and don’t forget to wash under jewellery and fingernails. Your fingertips are especially important as people often put their fingers on their face, nose, and eyes. This is how the virus spreads.
Scrub: Rub both hands together and move your fingertips around both hands.
Rinse: Return both hands to the running water and gently wash away the soap.
Dry: Completely dry the water from your hands. Using a disposable towel (paper towel) is best to avoid leaving germs on towels. Air dryers, commonly found in public bathrooms, are also effective.
How can I explain COVID-19 to my child?
Additional Learning Websites
- TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
- MyMaths (school user name: Gatehouses - school password: Yellow )- https://login.mymaths.co.uk/
- Topmarks maths (maths games for ages 3-14) https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
- Numbots - https://play.numbots.com/#/account/search-school
- EYFS https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/3-5-years/letters-and-sounds
- Unit 1 https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- EYFS and Unit 1 Bug Club (school code: xwqc) - https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Unit 2 and 3 https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/spelling-and-grammar
We have now set up Accelerated Reader so that Quizzes may be taken at home with this link:
Children are not able to complete Star Tests at home but can quiz on an AR book they have read.
A further range of books are available to read online from the website https://readon.myon.co.uk/ - many of these books have an AR Quiz attached - a good opportunity for some Non-Fiction reading too.
Children should have their usernames and passwords written in their Reading Records, which they should have at home.
Year 3/4: Scratch (Desktop users) Scratch Junior (Ipad)
Year 5/6 (Ipad App): Pyonkee
All: Hour of Code https://hourofcode.com/uk/learn
Parent Top Tips for Online Safety during Coronavirus
Keeping kids and families active at home
For some children, the lack of routine can be an unsettling time. This document can be printed in order to create a daily visual timetable so that children know the structure of their day ahead.
Young Devon Wellbeing Toolkit
Family support activities (ELSA)
A great website for support on a range of areas, including: mental health, managing emotions, friendships, bereavement, daily routines and much more!
BBC Newsround – daily news updates in a child friendly way
Yound minds – strategies to tackle anxiety
Mental health UK
Free Call 24/7: 116 123
Email 24 Hour response time: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy’s Club for Men’s Mental Health
Other Support Groups
Devon Domestic Abuse Support
Call 0345 1551074
National Domestic Abuse Support
Call 0808 2000 247
Call 03444 111 444
Roots Community Enhancement (Dawlish based) can access toys for loan and other baby/children's needs - clothes etc through their networks. Please contact Roots directly on https://www.facebook.com/rootscommunityenhancement
If you've been affected by Covid-19 and are struggling to cover basic necessities, our Hardship Fund may be able to help cover the short term cost of basic essentials. Apply at http://orlo.uk/TDC_GgnTc