Tuesday 29th October
Unit 3 have been invited to take part in a Christmas Card Competition through the House of Commons. Last year’s competition was a tremendous success across the country with winners receiving prizes which included gift vouchers and chocolate!
The theme of Christmas card designs this year is the Environment and climate change.
Christmas card designs are invited from all children in Years 5 and 6 and will be judged in Boys and Girls categories. There will be 5 winners, one from each category and one overall winner. The overall winner will receive first class rail travel to London for their whole family, and a personally guided tour of the Palace of Westminster. As part of the competition, a donation will be made to the Devon Wildlife Trust for every Christmas card that is sent out – participation in this competition can also act as evidence for the Torbay and Devon Civic Award.
- Cards need to be completed on A4 paper/card and can be portrait or landscape orientation.
- Cards cannot have glitter or attachments on them.
- Card designs must follow both the Christmas and the environment/climate change theme.
- Cards must be back in school by Wednesday 6th November in order to ensure entries are with the organiser by Friday 8th November.
- The following information must be on the back of the cards:
1. The name of the school
2. The school year of the entrant
3. The full name of the entrant
4. The age and sex of the entrant
All entries need to be in school by Wednesday 6th November at the latest in order to be sent off in time. We look forward to seeing the children’s Christmas card designs and their creative interpretation of Environment and climate change.
The Unit 3 teaching team.