Dear parents/ carers,
It is the time of year where we would love our pupils to take home their learning books from their year of hard work. Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have set up a book collecting system this year. We will keep a small sample of books for the year so that we can share them with visitors to the school, your class teachers will let you know if your child’s books will be kept (you will be able to have them at the end of next year).
Pupils currently in school:
- Books sent home this Thursday 16th July (or on their last day in school this week).
- Please send your child in with a plastic bag to help take them home.
Pupils who are home learning:
- Books to be collected in the final week of term.
- We are inviting you in groups into school, on set days, to collect books between 9.30am-2:30pm:
- Monday 20th July: EYFS & Year 1
- Tuesday 21st July: Years 2 and 3
- Wednesday 22nd July: Years 4, 5 and 6
- Thursday 23rd July: Those families with more than one child’s books to collect.
- Tables will be set out outside the reception area with their books collated into a pile with their name on it.
Safety advice to follow on collection:
- There will be a one-way system set up. Please enter the school through the front gate and leave through the pencil gate in the corner.
- Please wait behind the marked line to ensure that there is only one person at the table of books at one time.
- If there is a queue, please adhere to the social distancing rule of standing at least 1M+.
- Please try to not touch any books other than your own child’s.
- Please bring a plastic bag with you to put your books in. We then suggest you keep these books inside the bag for 72hours before opening them.
Our staff will wear protective gloves and face masks whilst setting up and moving the books to keep the books as safe as possible.
If you are unable to collect the books before the summer holidays, then we will store them over the summer to be collected in the first week back in the Autumn.