At Gatehouse Primary Academy, we aim to help our children develop the skills they need to confidently and successfully learn, communicate, and make friends, in order to meet the challenges of life when they leave our school.
We aim to ensure ours is a school where high standards for learning and development are pursued by all stakeholders: staff, children, parents, governors, volunteers and the community; in order to make our school successful
Gatehouse Primary Academy has developed a set of moral standards for all stakeholders to aspire to which recognise the ethos and values of the school.
Kindness means being
- Showing goodwill towards other people or groups.
- Accepting the value of other human beings, other living things, and non-living things.
- Admiring something about someone
- Accepting someone’s feelings, wishes, or rights.
- Telling the truth
- Explaining what really happened
- Taking care of your duties
- Answering for your actions
- Being trusted by others
- Being in a good place to learn
- Approaching situations enthusiastically
- Being kind-hearted
- Caring and comforting others
- Saying or doing something to make a difference
The role of the Ethos Committee is to promote our school values kindness, respect, honesty, responsibility. positivity and compassion. Every week. they award the "Values Cup" to a child who has demonstrated on of these values.
Ethos Day - Autumn Term 2019
Members of our Ethos committee travelled to Salcombe to take part in an Ethos day, based around the theme of ‘Aspire’. Our children had a wonderful day meeting and working with other children from across the federation. Their behaviour was impeccable and they were fantastic ambassadors for our school.