Gatehouse Primary Academy Vision :
At Gatehouse Primary Academy our school vision is aligned to that of the First Federation Trust.
We strive to provide a stimulating, secure and happy environment where children’s enthusiasm to learn is encouraged and where the unique personality of each child is valued. We aim to prepare our children for a rapidly changing world by equipping them with critical thinking skills, an ability to problem solve and to have a local, national and global perspective, with a respect for both our school core values and British Values.
- To develop and extend children’s curriculum knowledge alongside their creative talents and their social and spiritual understanding of the world.
- To promote and develop their ‘life skills’ both within school and the wider community.
- To maximise learning in and around our extensive school grounds.
- To maintain an excellent culture of learning behaviour supported by a positive Growth Mindset.
- For the school and the First Federation Trust to identify and support talent and leadership in education for all staff which compliments the needs for our children.
- For the First Federation Trust values (Aspire, Flourish, Achieve) and the school values (Honesty, Respect, Positivity, Kindness, Compassion and Responsibility) to underpin all that we strive to achieve.
- To ensure that the well-being of our staff, pupils and families is at the forefront of all that we do.
Collectively, we are aiming to ‘Inspire Excellence’ through children that have success for today and are prepared for tomorrow.
Gatehouse School Values
Our school values were reviewed at the end of the Summer term 2019 by the pupils and staff at Gatehouse Primary Academy. Our Year 6 Ethos Leaders choose and present a cup each week for a pupil who has been exemplary in one or more of our school values in our Celebration Assembly.
Kindness means being
- Showing goodwill towards other people or groups.
- Accepting the value of other human beings, other living things, and non-living things.
- Admiring something about someone
- Accepting someone’s feelings, wishes, or rights.
- Telling the truth
- Explaining what really happened
- Taking care of your duties
- Answering for your actions
- Being trusted by others
- Being in a good place to learn
- Approaching situations enthusiastically
- Being kind-hearted
- Caring and comforting others
- Saying or doing something to make a difference