Welcome to our Gatehouse Mental Health Ambassadors page
Hello! We are the Mental Health Ambassadors for Gatehouse Primary Academy.
Our names are Rhys, Ethan, Mya, Lydia, Ollie and Jack.
Our role is to champion positive mental health and wellbeing throughout the school. We will promote positivity and teach children through the whole school how to look after their mental health.
Some of the things we will be doing include:
- Celebrating World Mental Health Day
- Running lunchtime groups to help those in need
- Taking part in training to help us support others
- Improving the Wellbeing Room at school to make it more practical
- Finding out who and what needs support in the school and make sure we check up on it
- Running assemblies to promote positive mental health
- …and lots more!
Already this term (Autumn 2021), we have prepared an assembly to celebrate World Mental Health day on 10.10.21 and taken part in One Goal – Happy, Healthy, Inspired Training.
We all would have liked the opportunity to speak to a Mental Health Ambassador when we were younger, so hope we can help you during your time at Gatehouse.
Thank you for reading and remember to look after yourself J
Year 6 Mental Health Ambassadors