First Federation Trust
Music at Gatehouse Primary Academy
Music is a powerful, unique form of communication that can change the way pupils feel, think and act. It brings together intellect and feeling, and enables personal expression, reflection and emotional development. Music is important because;
- It develops pupils’ ability to listen and to appreciate a wide variety of music;
- It is interesting and enjoyable, each child can make their own, unique contribution to music making;
- The skills and knowledge of music have wide applicability in everyday life;
- It develops confidence and self-esteem:
- It can be used to support/enhance teaching across the curriculum.
Our aims in teaching music are that all children will:
- Enjoy singing and participating in various musical activities
- Develop an ability to control sounds through singing and playing instruments;
- Create and develop musical ideas:
- Perform with confidence and enjoyment;
- Develop appraising skills by responding and reviewing;
- Develop listening skills and applying knowledge and understanding.
For further information please see our Music Policy.
01202 028454 | 07708 720769
Dear Parents and Carers of Gatehouse Primary Academy,
May we introduce our professional tuition service for schools and individuals. We have a great deal of experience teaching in primary schools nationwide. Our team are professional, fully qualified and all of our tutors are DBS checked.
At present there are spaces for the following types of tuition:
Musical Instrument Lessons (30 minutes) = £16.95 lesson
Lessons on PIANO, DRUM-KIT, GUITAR, FLUTE & SINGING
Learning songs from musicals, films and charts, vocal and rhythmic exercises, posture, techniques, composing songs and short plays, improvisation, an opportunity to perform.
Lessons will run throughout the school day. Day(s) to be confirmed. Parents will need to acquire an acoustic guitar for guitar lessons. The school has flutes, a drum-kit and piano.
To secure a session of tuition, forward payment for the whole half term (usually 5-7 weeks) is required. An advance payment is requested in order to secure a whole term of lessons for each pupil. We typically use online banking transfers for payment methods whereby the parents/schools pay us direct & then we pay the tutor.
Invoices will be sent via email. If you have any queries with regard to the payment process please contact us.
If you have a query please feel free to phone or email us with the contacts above at anytime. Thank you.
EDUCBOX - MUSIC
Would you like your child to have the chance to learn a musical instrument but are not sure you can take the risk of buying one? Devon Music Service offers low-cost hire to encourage beginners to take their first steps in music without the expense of buying an instrument right at the start.
Devon Music Services: 01392 287235
John Packer sell musical instruments for children free of VAT. The contact details are below;-
John Packer: 01823 282386 email: email@example.com
Our School Choir - Christmas 2023
The children in the choir have been working very hard to learn songs for the forthcoming Christmas events and are very keen to share these with you.
TURNING ON THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS – DAWLISH BANDSTAND: FRIDAY 1st DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS TREE FESTIVAL CONCERT ON 16TH DECEMBER – St Gregory’s Church at 3pm
You are of course welcome to stay for the concert, there are various other choirs performing, including Dawlish Rock Waves and The High C’s. It is free to attend, although donations to the church are welcome.