Music at Gatehouse Primary Academy
Music is a powerful, unique form of communication that can change the way pupils feel, think and act. It brings together intellect and feeling, and enables personal expression, reflection and emotional development. Music is important because;
- It develops pupils’ ability to listen and to appreciate a wide variety of music;
- It is interesting and enjoyable, each child can make their own, unique contribution to music making;
- The skills and knowledge of music have wide applicability in everyday life;
- It develops confidence and self-esteem:
- It can be used to support/enhance teaching across the curriculum.
Our aims in teaching music are that all children will:
- Enjoy singing and participating in various musical activities
- Develop an ability to control sounds through singing and playing instruments;
- Create and develop musical ideas:
- Perform with confidence and enjoyment;
- Develop appraising skills by responding and reviewing;
- Develop listening skills and applying knowledge and understanding.
For further information please see our Music Policy.
Music lessons at Gatehouse Primary Academy.
Would you like your child to have the chance to learn a musical instrument?
We have a number of peripatetic teachers working with us here at Gatehouse Primary Academy and can currently offer music tuition for drums, piano and guitar. All the music teachers have all been teaching at Gatehouse for several years and we have had excellent feedback from children and parents who have enjoyed learning instruments with them.
For more information on what is on offer please contact the office who will be happy to pass on your details. Alternatively, the teachers can be contacted directly using the email addresses below.
If your child is interested in learning an instrument not listed, please let the office know and if there is enough demand, we can endeavour to make arrangements.
Guitar Lessons. Scott McGowan has been teaching at Gatehouse for many years. To contact Scott please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07817 000529
Drum Lessons. Phil Hallwood has a wealth of experience and has been teaching at Gatehouse for a number of years. For more details please contact him at email@example.com
Piano - We have an experienced piano teacher called Hazel Robinson. Please contact Hazel direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like your child to have the chance to learn a musical instrument but are not sure you can take the risk of buying one? Devon Music Service offers low-cost hire to encourage beginners to take their first steps in music without the expense of buying an instrument right at the start.
Devon Music Services: 01392 287235
John Packer sell musical instruments for children free of VAT. The contact details are below;-
John Packer: 01823 282386 email: email@example.com